Saturday, May 9, 2009

28

The second perfect number (6 is first), days in February, human teeth (excluding wisdom teeth, maximum number of games an NBA or NHL team can play, number of days Sandra Bullock stayed in rehab in the movie 28 days or the easiest answer the number of years I have been on this Earth.
I could reminisce like an older person and talk about the good ole days, but I won't. I will at least say in the short amount of time I have been here a lot has happened. I have seen wars, shuttle explosions, school shootings, diseases overtaking lives, and terrorism, at its absolute worst. I can say I will always remember those important dates in history, what I was doing and who I was with. I have experienced the death threw accident and disease, but I have been blessed by the miracle of life. I have watched friends suffer through cancer and saw others become survivors. I have had to experience the death of a student but also the joy seeing the some of them accomplish things we never though possible.
I personally have talked, crawled, walked and overcome disability. I survived school all the way to getting a Master's degree. I have been able to work in a job that I love more and more each day. I have been blessed by wonder family and irreplaceable friends. I have traveled all over this country and met some interesting people. It is my pray that I will be able to continue all these wonderful experiences and watch my circle of family and friends grow. I wish I could say I hope to never experience the bad stuff again, but I am a realist I know that life as to have hard times otherwise it wouldn't be life. I know I will eternally have good times as long as I can live right on this Earth.
So, I am a little late in my post because my birthday was over two weeks ago. I am an Earth Day baby..I guess that is were I get that environmentalist side of me. I did at least want to share that I enjoyed a wonderful day.
the day began with celebrating with all my wonderful friends at work. we had a great lunch and a delicious strawberry cake. That afternoon I spent time with Sam and Eli. I tried to teach Sam how to play soccer...he is a quick learner. Tracy and the boys came over later. I always enjoy getting to play soccer with Grant and Benjamin on my birthday. I look forward to it every year. I didn't really want to go out to eat (because I had to watch baseball) so the Sweatt's, Wear's, Garrett's and Missie came over to eat dinner. It was a nice low key day..those are my favorite. I can't wait for the next 28 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment