Sunday, May 31, 2009

Another Year Gone By

I can not believe that another school year has already gone by. I actually just completed my fifth year at Forest Hills. It seems like only yesterday that I was starting my first "real" job.
You know I wish I could try to sum up the year in one short blog, but I think I would begin to bore the few readers I have left. I will say it was definitely a wonderful year. We never have a dull moment down in "our house." It is sad that two of my boys will be moving on next year, but we have the promise of new ones that will change our lives. I always try to reflect on the year and I do pray that I made some difference in just one of their lives this year. I know what a difference they make in my own life, so I hope I return that favor.
This last month has been so hectic with end of the school year activities, Fighting Falcons fundraisers and fighting off sickness. I am ready for some relaxing. I have already had a nice enjoyable weekend. I always enjoy the last day of school because Tracy and I usually spend the afternoon cleaning out and getting her things ready for next year. we even took the time to relax a bit at Fiesta. I was able to relax Saturday and today I spent a nice day at church hanging out with lots of friends.
You all know I am of course not one to sleep late and be idle for too long. Do not get me wring I enjoy lounging around the house, but it takes me a while to wind down. I am working two days a week for the month of June. I will be teaching Extended School Year. I am looking forward to it. I have also got lots of fundraising and training to keep me busy. I do hope t relax by the pool and read a couple dozen books. I weird though because by next week I will ready to get started on a new school year. I truly begin to miss it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment