Saturday, May 16, 2009

Walk for Life

This was a decent week. I honestly have to say that things are so crazy I can only remember about half of my week. I finally had my last relay day. Needless to say the kindergarten one is my least favorite. Why, you ask? Well the major reason is it takes an hour long to finish and it always seems like it is cold when I have to go to it. I thin Sam enjoyed himself though, so I guess that is all that matters.

The highlight of the week was our Walk for Life (which I will discuss in a bit). We also wrapped up our Bank Independent Challenge. The four Florence branches raised over a $1100. A special thanks goes out to the Darby Drive branch who raised almost a $1000. also the Florence Square branch did quite well. A small group of us got to hang out and sell some drinks during the show choir performance. It was a nice relaxing fundraiser. Anyway the Walk. It was our biggest fundraiser so far...not counting t-shirt sales. We had close to a hundred people who showed up to walk. We raised over $3500. It was neat to watch the people walking through Forest Hills neighborhood. I can only imagine what it is going to be like for us in Atlanta. I was so thrilled we had a few survivors show up for the walk. Finally it was humbling to see all the balloons released at the end of the walk. This event truly makes you realize that all the hard work that comes into getting ready for this 3 Day is DEFINITELY well worth it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment