Saturday, May 9, 2009

Special Olympics

Again I know I am a little late, but I am just trying to catch up on my blog. I have been so occupied with other stuff lately, I just have not had time to post.
On April 24, 2009 we had twelve children participate in Special Olympics n Muscle Shoals. We were fortunate enough to have several high school students who volunteered to help the children at the event. We had a sweet send off at our school before participating in the parade in Muscle Shoals. The children absolutely love this day. They like participating in the events as much as they like playing in the fun tens. I also really enjoy this day. One highlight of this year's event was seeing a true smile appear on one of my student's face. I wish I could post lots of pics, but I try to respect the privacy of my students, so I will only post some where the child is in-cog-nito.
If you have never been to Special Olympics or even volunteered you really should check out your local chapters and consider attending one of their events You will walk away humbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment