Saturday, November 7, 2009

Back to School

I love the beginning of a new school year!! I get excited about the possibilities that it can bring and even more excited about seeing my kids again. One positive of my job is I get to be with the same children for long periods of time. We did get one student this year, but I had worked with her at ESY. It was neat to get the chance to see her a little before school began. This made such a difference in getting ready to work with her. I again have the privilege of working alongside Susan. We did have one new face this year in Delta Dawn. Most of us already knew her, but she was new to the "hood." She may not think this job is her forte, but she does a great job and without her we would not have near as much fun!
We really did not expect a lot of change this year since we have had the kids for awhile, but unfortunately that hasn't been the case. This has ended up being a challenging year that in the end will teach us a lot of lessons. Most people have been surprised that I still would want to come to work everyday, but I honestly have still loved my job. Now some days I didn't like what was going on but I could never do anything else. I am fortunate to work with some wonderful people, so we can always make the best of any situation.
We have had a turn around lately and things are easing up, but it is only November and we have a lot of school left. We have also had some really great memories for the year. Just yesterday we had a great time jamming out to MJ and playing together on a beautiful fall day. I can only say that there is a time and a purpose to everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment