Sunday, November 8, 2009

Impressions of a 3 Day

I came across this on the 3 Day message boards and I new people who have participated in the race would get a kick out of it, but I also thought some of you who might ever consider doing it might like it. It definitely depicts how a lot of people feel and some thoughts that I am sure everyone had I hope you all enjoy it!!

Impressions of a 3 day:

1st day

*smug…I’m so organized!
*Say what?
*Who?!!!
*Where do I go?
*Patti???!!!
*why am I doing this?
*I hate pink!
*Walking… yeah -This is easy!
* oh boy dinner is ready!
*voice of an angel! (Barbara)
*where is my toothbrush, Flashlight, underwear, geez All these plastic bags.
*cement floors, pink tents, porta potties, but ahhh… hot showers
*2 a.m. is someone crunching pretzels?
*4 a.m. is that a blow dryer???
*I’m not doing this next year!

2nd day

*dang I’m glad that little tiny mirror is foggy
*someone made the coffee for me!
*someone made breakfast for me!
*music, laughter, dancing, smiles
*dang, I sure don’t get this at home!
*this is easy
*Walking… yea- this is easy
*droves of cheering, smiling people thanking Me? Huh!?
*candy, popsicles, oh my gosh donut holes!!!
*just one more mile and mostly Down hill.
*Walk on. How hard can this be one foot in front of the other.
*ok, is that what a blister feels like?
*I have never in my life used a plastic hat cover!!
*I don’t even like pink!
*Are these adult women lining up for little smiley face stickers… and I am in the line???
*walk on… *This is not that hard!
*passing on your left.
*A race a race, I’m winning, I’m winning!
*ok, slow down it’s not a race
*The trees are sooo pretty… woops watch that manhole!
*Ok I need some music and some stickers!
*Stopping is a bad idea!
*Bend and stretch Reach for the trees There goes tamara There go my knees!
*Oh boy dinner is ready!
*is that ellen degeneres?
*amazing grace , amazing women!
*I think i know why I am doing this.
*remarkable strength!
*I like to move it move it move it.
*I can’t believe I’m dancing like this in front of people!
*there’s no place like… my pink tent. Ahhh sleep.
*I see pink people.
*I might do this next year!

3rd day

*they call me rip snort!!
*help I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!
*ok let me try these shoes.
*does Vaseline really help?
*oh boy breakfast is ready!
*I can do this.
*walk on
*was that a pink vw van…cool!
* why are these people following me!
*Where are my peeps?
* ladies with tears in their eyes and bald heads cheering me on?!
*moved beyond words
*I like pink!
*boobs, boobies, Tata’s, the girls, tits, mommaries, Puppies, headlights,
*you know that guy looks pretty good in a skirt!
*Ok this is kinda hard.
*just one more mile and mostly down hill!
*you say that one more time and I’m gonna take you down.
*moved beyond words!
*survivors!
*such strength!
*Loss
*gain
*admiration
*60 miles is nothing!!!
*I love pink.
*a cure?
*I know why I am doing this!
*I’m definitely doing this next year!

Day after a 3 day

*Ok, why isn’t the coffee ready, and where’s my breakfast?
*who used all the hot water!!!
*Umm, excuse me… I entered the room, please stand and cheer!
* hey! Where’s my candy?
*I’m sorry please don’t disturb me I take breaks every hour!
*Lunch, people!
*why are the colors so dull in here!
*Where have all the flowers gone?
*Where’s my ride?
*What do ya mean dinner’s not ready?
Can't wait til next year!

Patti 08,09,10 Let's Hear It For THE GIRLS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment