Monday, September 6, 2010

Summertime

My summer was not really spectacular but I enjoyed it so that is really all that matters. In June I worked with Extended School Year. I was able to see soem the students I work with year round, but also met some wonderful new children. I do enjoy woring at summer school but in July I am glad for a short break. Also this past June I had to renew my teaching certificate. For the easiest way to do that was to take an class at UNA. Silly me thought I would be better off taking an online class. There was only one class left at UNA that I could take which was strangely enough Intro to Disabilities. Mind you I have a Masters in special education, btu when I started my masters I did not have to take this class because I had an undergraduate degree in special education. It was a great refresher course, but online classes are a whle LOT of work. I enjoyed my professor Dr. Hulsey. She has a intrestig story and I recommend anyone taking her classes. Needless to say everyday after I work I went home to do school work on teh computer or reviewing movies. I found a little time to lay by th epool and hang out, but not too much.
July was absolutely relaxing. If I wasn't by the pool, I was i teh hammock. I got some cleaning done and of course caught up with those Golden Girls and Who's the Boss. Sometimes it is nice to just stay home and have quiet time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment