Monday, September 6, 2010

YMCA


As 2010 began the Forest Hills faculty and staff decided to have our own Biggest Loser contest. Since I am a huge Biggest Loser fan (thanks Lisa) and I am all about competitions...I was all in. Knwoing this going into the hlidays I ate whatever I could get my hands on...why not enjoy while I could. I stayed in the top 3 and ended up getting second by only a small percent. I did all the crazy diets like the uAB 3 day heart diet to detox, the Dr. Oz six meal plan, and exercise ALL the time. After Charlotte's death exercise became my therapy. I ran in the morning (until the deer incident), moved around all day at work, rode a bike, lifted weights, did eliptical, steam room and walked every afternoon until it was time to go hoe and get ready for bed. By teh end I was exhausted but lie I said helpful therapy.
My gym of choice is the Shoals YMCA. I love it there. I like the more fmaily atmosphere...I say that and next week some screaming kid in play area will driv eme crazy. I am not really into classes, but more of a loner. I enjoy puttin gon my headphones and relaxing or catchign up on my TV while I do the eliptical. I did lose about 15 pounds but alas I have gained almost all of it back. Like most resolutions after the Spring I got lazy about going to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment