Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Promise Me


For anyone who has ever experienced the 3 Day you know you get lots of emails with promos or if you join facebook groups you get news feed with tons of items to purchase related to raising money for breast cancer research. This summer I found something I could not resist...not that I don't buy a bunch of other items to keep me pinked out all the time!!!

About four months ago I received an email about a book that would be coming out in September. It was Nancy Brinker's autobiography on the founding of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. I was able to preorder at a discounted price as well as nominate a sister or friend to receive a free cope from the Komen organization. Now I was fortunate to buy my copy with shipping included at $14 but I would pay the retail price any day. I was also fortunate to nominate a dear friend for an autographed copy. My friend will be awarded her copy in October!!!

This book is a wonderful story of how the Komen foundation began as well as how much has gone into breast cancer research throughout history. Most of all it is a story of two sisters growing up together, being there for one another and eventually one honoring another in a way that no one could have ever imagined would become such an inspiration to millions of other people. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants a good read, to all women (but men as well), and most especially to those who have been effected by breast cancer.

Everyone who knows me knows I am passionate about all things pink. If you have a sister or a friend read this and think about how special all our relationships are to us and ponder whether or not you would make your life's work saving others in the name of your sister/friend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment