Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Cake

Recently I was reading Woman's Day magazine and came across a unique cake recipe. i wanted to make it then, but decided I would wait for my dad's birthday!!1 I neglected to forget that was around the time I needed to start my diet. I wasn't going to back down so I gathered up the ingredients to bake this cake...completely from scratch. Now I know some of you are laughing right now at the thought of me baking this cake...don't underestimate me. If I share all my talent then I might be expected to cook!!
After an early morning trip to Wal Mart I was ready to begin my chocolate coconut cake. Two hours later I was almost finished. The cake was nothing, the icing was simple...the coconut was a different story. The recipe called for shaved coconut, but said you could use store bought coconut. I had come this far so I hand shaved a coconut. Warning..if you haven't done this don't!!
Finally it was time to eat!! The cake was a hit!!! Since the big snow came so between the three of us we ate the entire cake!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment