Tuesday, January 4, 2011

White Christmas in Alabama

Christmas was all around different this year for our family!! The Bailey family Christmas was held a week early this year because the Real's were headed on a European cruise (that I am still irritated I was not invited to). As always we had Christmas at Elvis and Valerie's. I won't lie I am completing the writing of this a month after Christmas so my memory may fail me. We had a great time eating, exchanging presents and playing Mexican train. The new tradition for the year was Just dance2. I didn't volunteer because I knew my coordination was not up to par. I must say though that Pam schooled all the teenagers, especially Bailey who was not too happy about it. Before leaving our keys got locked in the car, but we couldn't be too upset because the entertainment was worth staying for!!!
Normally our Christmas Eve is spent rushing to Hamilton and doing our normal Christmas routine. This year was different and really I enjoyed it just as much. My parents and I woke up early and headed down The Trace to have breakfast at the Loveless cafe. Nothing like french toast for Christmas. We considered shopping a little but I was feeling under the weather so we headed home. Wish I could remember what happened beyond that point...haha. Just goes to show you only remember the fun stuff!! Oh wait I do know we watched It's a Wonderful Life...family favorite!
Christmas morning we always wake up open presents, watch A Christmas Story and have breakfast at the Collier's. Our afternoon tradition is to go to the movies. This year we chose Little Fockers...okay but not as funny as I would have thought!!! Usually it is Waffle House for us, but thankfully Rice Box was open. Just like Christmas Story we had our Chinese Christmas dinner. Nothing like honey sesame chicken in place of ham!!!
The big news of the3 entire day was SNOW!!! Northwest Alabama has rarely seen a true white Christmas. Yes we have seen some little flakes coming down but nothing like what we had. Something about snow on Christmas makes it all the more magical!!


Stuart has his days with snow. Mostly he goes to the bathroom, comes back covered in snow and gets his hair dried. He decided his warm towel could be a new bath robe. This is his new thing.
He walks all over the house wrapped in a towel.

No comments:

Post a Comment