Friday, January 9, 2009

And They All Fall Down

It seems that I have sort of a bad habit...well at least one that people like to tease me about. I laugh (some hysterically) when people fall. I mean I would like to think that I would not laugh at some poor old lady if she fell down, but as someone pointed out to me today, if she couldn't see me then I would probably still laugh...Okay Susan you're right:) Sometimes I wish I did not have this habit, but nothing seems to cure it.
I laugh when I myself fall. Yes, recently I tripped going up some steps at work and as I walked on I began to giggle about it. Some of the best first witness falls have been my mother. The two that rank right up there have to do with her sliding under the car one Sunday after lunch and the other was one Wednesday she went sliding across the wet parking lot at church. These were both in high school, so I thought maybe it was my immaturity, but I still laugh when people fall. I never laugh right in their face. Sometimes I even try to help them before I walk off to a corner to laugh. I will admit if it is a serious fall and I know that someone is really hurt or if it looks like it would hurt I usually do not laugh because it makes me sick to my stomach.
Now you would think I would enjoy like America's Funniest Home Videos, but some of the other videos get on my nerves. Now if it is an episode about falling then I am all in. People send me some really good emails because they now I have this thing about falling. I always try to point out to people that I am not trying to offend them, but if they ever fall expect me to laugh. You know one day I am going to have a good fall and embarrass myself in front of a lot of people, but no matter how embarrassed I feel on the outside chances are I am double over laughing on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment