Monday, January 5, 2009

Resolutions

How many of you make resolutions? We discussed this in my Bible class at church yesterday. No one really acted as if they made any resolutions or like me they just did want to share them. I mean seriously, What good does it really do to proclaim you goals for a new year? I am taking a different apprach this year. I decided to write a few down on a piece of paper then put the paper away. To me, it seems that the more you talk about resolutions the less likely you are to keep them. What happens then? Everyone can see that you do not have the ability to stick to something. I mean yeah, I have always had some kind of silly resolution. Most of them have failed, but others have either been successful or still works in progress. Take 2008 for example. I wanted to eat healthy, stay in shape, pay off some debt (while still saving money), recycle more and have a more positive attitude. Okay so I basically succeeded at times, but other times throughout the year I failed. These are pretty broad resolutions, so they were not that hard to keep, so instead this year I decided to be more specfic. I listed my resolutions and tucked them away. Hopefully I will be able to pull that list out at the end of the year and chec
k everything off. Now I may discusss some of my goals, but I will only share my succeses or failures in December 2009. Stay tuned!!!

1 comment:

  1. I suppose you could apply 'birthday wish' logic, they won't come true if you tell anyone.

    I always thought New Year resolutions were silly after I saw what most people do with it. Setting themselves up for failure, and then not surprised when they achieve it.

    Why should we have to wait for January 1st to better ourselves?

    I think you've found a better track to making your resolutions happen, and I hope you have a long list of check marks to tell us about in December.

    ReplyDelete