Saturday, January 10, 2009

You've Got Mail

Okay so I am really having trouble deciding on my topic for today. It has been a rainy day, so I have just hung out around the house. Unfortunately, it was not a good TV day. I did catch up on my weekly DVR recordings, but other than that I was unable to satisfy my need for some good romantic comedies...except Something to Talk About (the TV version is not quite as comical as the original. For all of you who know me you are saying to yourself "that girl as hundreds of DVD's why does she even to look on TV" I wish I could provide an answer, but for some reason I just like to watch them on TV. I did finally break down and watch Breach tonight...great movie if you have never seen it.
Now last weekend was a good TV movie weekend, but I had to many interruptions to enjoy some of my faves...My Big Fat Greek Wedding, A league of Their Own (I still cry every time I wt ch it) and my ultimate fave...You've Got Mail.
I wish I knew what it was about this movie that I love so dearly. I watch it every time it comes on TV and of course I have a copy of it. I can remember in college if I was having a bad day I just popped in that movie and relaxed. I probably could say the whole movie if it were put on mute. Now I have many favorite movies from all kinds of genres, but this one ranks up there. I just like the idea of randomly finding someone to talk about nothing with. Could you imagine if shopgirl and ny152 made a movie now it would be about their blogs or their facebook pages. I mean we all know how unrealistic these movies can be, but I guess it gives us a chances to hope that romance really could exist like that.
I am sure I Will get flack from some of you about my movie choices, but hopefully I will get a chance to talk about some of my other movie faves. I do love the romantic comedy, but I also love the spirit of sports movies. Maybe next weekend will be another chance to kick back and enjoy some movies in the mean time I think I will go to bed and I know just the movie that will put me into that dream sleep, but first I better check my mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment