Wednesday, January 14, 2009

BUNCO

I am worn out this week, so I have not been up to posting. I normally play bunco on Thursdays, but I played on Monday of this week.
Now I am sure most of you know what bunco is, but if not I guess you will have to figure that one out. I had sort of heard of bunco in college, but I honestly thought it was some kind of card game until I saw a ox for it in a store. It was not until I moved to Florence that realized how popular it is in the area. I think if I really wanted to I could play bunco every night of the month with a different group. I have actually been in my same bunco group for going on the third year. I also sub for other groups from church or school. I do enjoy the game because I am the ultimate competitor, but I also enjoy hanging out with friends.
Something you quickly learn is that no one group plays bunco the same way. I find that cool too because if you play with a variety of groups chances are you will not play the same way each time. I have also learned that "bunco" is code for girls night out without the game...sorry to break the secret. I will say that our group does really play.
The bunco group that I play with is a collection of women that I go to church with. We typically eat, play, eat, play, play while we eat and then give away prizes while we eat some more. We also typically have a theme. It may be for the hwhole night, just the gifts, the food it just dpends on the host. Monday we had 70s bunco and ate fondue.
I know for me it has helped me get to know a lot of people (we have to have substitutes, so a variety of people show up to play). I also think it is really good for those moms who just need a night away. If you ever can get out and play bunco. Oh and thanks to Karen, Flori, Mona, Dinah, Jeannie, Leah, Lynn, Jodi, Laura, Linda, Amber and all those subs we love for all the fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment