Wednesday, January 7, 2009

???

Can you just not give a blog a title? I really could not decide what I wanted to talk about. I am tired and I just want to go to bed...yes it is 8:00 and I am about to go to sleep.
First, let me correct a little of my last blog. I have for the last three years worked in a self-contained classroom. Previously I had worked in and out of regular ed classrooms helping various students. My first year in self-contained I worked with students with a little more severe autism. Like I said the last two years I have worked more closely with students with mental retardation. Now some of you questioned "my just playing" with the kids. I should point out that I supplement reading, spelling and math for the students I work with. The teacher does the core work and I supplement. I also work on other specific skills that she often does not get a chance to deal with because their are not enough hours in the day. We have such a wonderful working relationship. I mean I have the idea job...no planning and no paperwork, but still the benefits of making and educational impact on a child. What else can I say but that I absolutely love it.
Okay, so maybe i should talk about something else...what? I am puzzled...that's it. I think I mentioned earlier that I wanted to little by little let you get know me instead of just typing some abbreviated bio. Here is something most of you do not really know about me... I enjoy puzzles. I mean I love stuff like the word games that come in the daily paper, I like crosswords and I used to be obsessed with sudoku. I also find jigsaw puzzles relaxing...yes I said relaxing. In the winter if you stop by my house, you will often find a puzzle on the table. Laugh all you want, i know it seems like an old lady, but hey my brain will get younger while the rest of you age. Right now my puzzle is garden's gate.
Puzzles are a lot like laugh...every piece fits together making something beautiful. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment