Monday, February 16, 2009

Class of 1986

In the spring of 1986 I graduated from ABC Preschool while my dearest friend graduated from high school. Now I would hope Tracy would not think I am taking a dig at our age difference. I would, however, like to point out that close friends can transcend age among other things. I do believe the two of us are a lot alike, but we also have our differences. I mean even though she is married and has a family and I am not we still manage to remain, in my eyes, very close. She is the person I rely on the most. If I am going to share something with someone then she is that person. Sometimes I probably ramble on or rant a lot to her, but she still always listens. I do believe my life would not be the same today without her and her family being in it. I am not only close with Tracy, but I care about all of her family.
I first met Tracy when I worked with children in her kindergarten classroom. I was a little anxious about whether or not I could actually work in someones classroom, but when I realized she was almost like a kindred spirit I knew it would all work out. She and I see eye to eye on a lot, but we don't care to give our opinion either. When I first started working at Forest Hills I was still not really happy about living in Florence, bu ti can say Tracy was one of the few people who helped changed all that. Now I could not imagine being anywhere else.
Some of my favorite times are hanging out eating Chick Fil A with her and the boys at school, playing Wii with the boys at the house, hanging out with one another on Christmas Day, watching the boys play soccer (or playing with them), or chatting on the phone with Tracy. I definitely could not imagine my life without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment