Tuesday, February 24, 2009

That Dumb Old Fat Man

Picture it... my grandparents house, Christmas 1984, me 3 years old. Now let me further explain that back in those days my entire family spent the night at my grandparents house. Back in then there we were small in number, eleven if you count Benson the dog. (I mean now we are 23 without our pets). Also then there were only two grandchildren, so everyone thought we got way too much stuff. All my resents were opened when the tides changed. All of the sudden my family hears "that dumb-old-fat man forgot my ironing board." One of my uncle's could not believe I would act that way since I just got tons of presents, My mother was in shock because she did not actually believe that I wanted an ironing board. Well I guess I got over it for the moment, but not forgotten.
A day or so after Christmas I was out "shopping" with my mom and my grandmother at TG&Y (my aunt Teena worked there) when the 'Hallelujah chorus" moment came. I started running screaming "he left it here, Santa left my ironing board here." There it was on the bottom shelf, pushed to the back and all dented up...my ironing board. Of course they had to buy that five dollar ironing board. I do not remember the whole event, but I do remember ironing on that little board.
Usually when Christmas rolls around we all think of our holiday memories and Christmases past, well I reminisce about that dumb-old-fat man.

No comments:

Post a Comment