Monday, February 23, 2009

Stress Relief

Exercise is one thing that can calm my nerves. I think some days if I did not go work lout then I would need to be on some kind of medications. These days I do most of my exercising at the YMCA. I have always tried to walk, run, ride a bike and occasionally lift weights, but after college I ind of slacked off for a while. During those days I just exercised when I felt fat. Last year I got back into the swing of things when our PE teacher taught aerobics after school. We always had so much fun. At the beginning of 2008 I had the goal of competing in a triathlon, but I began t have some knee problems. It was last Spring when I joined the YMCA. I needed to get an all around workout. I was taking a few classes and working out until summer when I changed to running and swimming. Since this fall I have been trying to keep a particular schedule.
I am not making fun of people who are, but I am by no means Miss Fitness. Sometimes I do not even see a while lot results. I used to work out to try to lose weight, but then I realized how much it calmed my nerves. I try Ito go right after school when the crowd is slim. Sometimes I do not mind working out with someone, but I really enjoy turning up the tunes and exercising. It really makes a difference in my mood most days. I guess the whole endorphins making you happy might actually be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment