Tuesday, February 17, 2009

MLB

Now if you are around me long enough you will find that I absolutely LOVE Major League Baseball. Some people find this a little odd, but my love of baseball goes all the way back to Dale Murphy and the Braves. I used love to watch them on TV with my dad, so my mom wrote the Braves to see if we could get tickets close enough for me to see the game fairly well. Luckily we had great seats and I even got a Dale Murphy uniform (too bad my mom didn't keep it after I out grew it). I loved the Braves when they stunk. I did keep up with them, but I went through a five to ten year period where I really did not watch them much. I still usually attend a game once a year, but I have not been to a game in a while. I really like watching on TV. It was not until I had a suitemate in college who was obsessed with the Braves that I got back into baseball.
Fr three years now I have spent my spring and summer watching the games. I will be honest I did give up n the Braves this past summer, but I still watched some other teams play. I decided to write this blog because some of you may know that Spring Training is under way and that means baseball is right around the corner. Baseball is the only thing that will keep me up late at night and if I have to have to go somewhere then I usually record Braves games.
I was probably one of the most excited people about the new MLB network. I DVR over half the shows. That is one of the few channels I will sit down and watch live too. No do not get me wrng I like going to games, but it is nice to fast forward or rewinding through certain parts. I can have instant replay whenever. In fact, my ideal vacation would be spending a summer going to all the ballparks and watching all the teams play. I just have to find someone who I could stand going with the whole summer.
I do like other teams, but the Braves have always been the team I have pulled for the most. I even enjoy going to see the Huntsville Stars or in college the DiamonsJax. I even like watching younger people play. There is just something about baseball. I do not know what it is, but it is part of America and since I am a patriotic person I guess that is hwy I love it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment