Sunday, November 28, 2010

America the Beautiful

God Bless America!! We are so privileged to live in America. We all take it for granted from time to time, but deep down we know we are truly blessed. I again I am going to try not to get on a soapbox. I do not want to make this about religion and politics since some of you can;t handle those topics as well as others. I don;t want to shove my religion and politics down your throat, but I will express my gratitude for this great country we live in and call home.
Whether some of you like or not..there would be no America without God. He has blessed us with an awesome landscape to behold. I have traveled almost all over this wonderful country. I have seen what many of you will never see. The nature and beauty of this land is awesome. the man made creations are a wonderful sight as well.
Somewhere along the way we have forgotten the foundation of the Declaration of Independence and our Constitution. Some say they are antiquated or don't fit into our life anymore, but maybe something has gone wrong within us. We are so materialistic and self-serving we begin to fit the big picture. I am thankful every morning when I get to say the "Pledge of Allegiance" in a school or when I tear u at the national anthem. In times of trouble yes we all come together and support our country. Those are the great moments, but it is sad that it takes a disaster or attack to make us act in such a way. I wont get into politics because I stay away from media coverage because I know our media and most politicians are out of touch with the reality of the Americans I know and love. I can only do what I know is right and pray others do the same.
Our country has survived civil wars, depressions, attacks on our soil, but we may not survive ourselves eating away our freedoms and beliefs. You all know I am a big Sarah Palin fan. It was just a year ago I had a chance to go to a book signing where she let me meet her precious son trig. Now I am here to admit too, that I honestly don;t follow her a lot either unless it relates to Trig. I am a fan of her because she is a mother of a special needs child. I believe she is a champion for that select group of people. I have recently finished her new book America By Heart; reflections on Family, Faith and Flag. Whether you like her or not she has some interesting stories on our founding fathers as well as other things through out our history. I think aside from her talk of Trig I enjoyed the faith stories the most..not her faith but the faith of our leaders who made this country great.
As simple as they were, just like I believe in Little House principles, we need to get back to some of the beliefs of our founding fathers or civil rights leaders like Martin Luther King Jr. We shouldn't be a helpless people who rely on our government, but instead a people who stands up for our country and be "the people" who this government was established for.
I doubt we often realize how free we are in America compared to the rest of the world. We definitely forget how blessed we are when it comes to our abundance of resources whether they are necessity or materialistic. Each and every one of us should be thankful to God for this blessed nation we are a part of fro sea to shining sea!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment