Saturday, November 13, 2010

Vibrate Mode on Cell Phones

Okay so a few days of sarcastic blessings, but like I mentioned in my first post...little things count to. Let me begin by saying I have been guilty of annoying ringtones and texting when I shouldn't it, but today I have to argue against.

We all have our pet peeves and I know I am supposed to be reflecting on things I am thankful, however, sometimes my blog is used for me to vent. I currently hate hearing cell phones ringing all the time. I can not stand the sound of loud annoying ringtones. People who constantly text get on my nerves. I mean who do you need to text during Communion in church.

I will be first to admit cell phones were a great invention. As My aunt Valerie says "it's a mobile phone, so be mobile" In family landlines are no longer available. I love having a cell phone. I keep it with me at all times. Now days I however find myself using it less and less. It is always on vibrate because I cant stand being in public and hearing a phone ring. Seriously it would be nice to go in a public bathroom and not here people chatting on the phone.

I do text, but I could live without it. Honestly I am trying to actually attempt at talking to people I care about instead of texting. Yes, I text when I don't want to interrupt someone else. I also text when convenience allows it. We just should remember texting should not replace communicating with those we love.

One day I may go back to loud ringtones and may not be able to walk without texting (of course AT&T will have to get 3G in Florence)but today I will take the Silent Mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment