Monday, November 8, 2010

Charlotte


Rich has been on my mind a lot lately, well she is almost every day in some way, so today I want to share her with you. I have blogged about her many times, "friend of mine and "long time, no blog" are specifically about her. I will try not to blog about the same things.
Charlotte or Rich as I called her was a huge part of my life. I admired her as a child, respected her as a teacher and loved her as a friend. I do encourage you to go back and read previous things about her. I think you can even still read her Caring Bridge site that I have linked to on my blog.
She was a lady by all definitions. You either loved her or hated her (some of you she won over by little pecan pies and monkey bread). I have so many wonderful memories of her. She taught me so much about life and literature. From Canterbury Tales to Rod Stewart my memories of her will never be forgotten. She battled the beast of cancer like I have never seen, but finally won this year when she received her place in Heaven. I still struggle with losing her. I knew she would eventually be gone, but she fought for so long that I took for granted she would one day pass away from this life. I will always think of her when I hear "Have I told you Lately" or watch "Charlotte's Web" So many books and places remind me of her. The wisdom she gave me has made me who I am. She believed in me when I didn't believe in myself. Each day is filled with memories of her. My only hope is you all can have someone as special as her in your own lives. For that matter so many of you can say she was a special part of your lives.
Charlotte in my life you will stay "forever young"

No comments:

Post a Comment