Thursday, November 4, 2010

Parents



One of my most important relationships is with my mother and daddy. We all have parents, we may never meet them or ruin the relationship, but it exists. I have been blessed by two wonderful parents who have spent their lives making sure I am taken care of. They have supported me in so many ways. I will be the first to admit I probably take this relationship for granted the most. My parents have been helpers, bankers, doctors, jailers, servicemen, drivers, cheerleaders you name it. I could share so many memories, but eventually you would get bored reading. I am blessed because I still live with my parents. Now I cant always count that as a blessing, but I think our relationship is closer and sometimes even strained because of this. One day I will look back and remember how blessed I was to have that time. I am sure many of you would give anything to live with your parents again. I truly believe even if I lived somewhere else I would live in close proximity to them.
Mother and daughter relationships are truly important. Your mother is often your best friend. sometimes people might even think you are sisters (I often want to ask which one is supposed to benefit from teat age comparison..hopefully my mother). Not everyone gets the chance to have a close relationship with their mother...accident, disease and choice change that. For now I can at least look back and be thankful thus far for the relationship I have with my mother.
Fathers and daughters have a special relationship. I was definitely Daddy's Little Girl back in the day. Then as you grow up your father becomes the protector that you often don't think you need. My dad and I may have had some strains in our relationships but I will admit it is only because deep down we both know we are just alike from having the last word to having a big heart. Shh..he would die if he knew I admitted that.
I may change my mind tomorrow (jk) but today I am thankful for my parents. When no one else is left they will always be there. One day they will pass from this Earth but their impression on me will be embedded in me for as long as I am here.

No comments:

Post a Comment