Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Edge

I am truly blessed by my job and most especially by those women I work with each day. I wished I could talk about this blessing more, but for confidentiality reasons I can not talk about my children. Let me just say that one of the richest blessings any one person could have. I so often hear it takes a special person to work with children with disabilities. Okay so I guess some days I believe that, but honestly I could not imagine doing anything else. Of course I have my days, but I love my job. It is never a dull moment. Things can get crazy, but we always get a good laugh later. My days would not be so great without the women I work with. We have seen a few people come and go, but those of us who have been together for a long time are truly blessed to have one another. Florence City Schools and Forest Hills are wonderful places to work, but my Edge family with the bigger family is what I am most thankful for. Today was our Thanksgiving feast where our children host all their teachers, office staff and central office people. I don't always look forward to it, but once it is over I realize how special it is. After everyone left and just our group was finally sitting down to lunch. I looked around the table and thought about how thankful I am to have these people in my life. So Susan Riedel, Susan Meyer, Lisa, and Juanita today I am thankful for you. For all those from the past; Mrs. thigpen, Miss Wilsoncoxsin, Dawn and now Kim and Jeff I am also thankful for you all. You have each brought things to our family that we will never forget. You temporary full time folks are often teh ones that help liven things up. You never know what it is like on The Edge until you have experienced it for yourself!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment