Sunday, November 14, 2010

Church

Today I am thankful for my church family...both past and present. One of my earlier posts was about faith, but faith, but fewer have a supportive church family. I can say without a doubt I am the person I am today because of my church families.
As child I grew up in a very small church, Kingsville Church of Christ. The majority of my mother's family attended this church, but everyone was like an extended family. We still go back to visit at least once a year. The church has changed by adding new members and others growing older, but they are all still an important part of my life. A person can never forget where they started. The church isn't a building it is the heart and souls of the members who attend it.
Once I began junior high my parents felt I needed a youth group to be involved with. This is when we began to attend Hamilton church of Christ. I knew the basics, but this is where my faith began to be shared and where I truly became a Christian. I wish I could name all those wonderful men and women who were such an influence on me, but I fear I would leave someone out. From youth rallies, Bible bowls, crazy lock ins, Maywood, eating out after church to Bible class homework I cherish it all. My Bible class teachers always pressed me, but that is how I learned. Our youth group was such a huge part of my growing up. I pray I never forget all those wonderful times.
I was fortunate to attend a Christian university, therefore, I was able to hear many wonderful speakers and attend so many wonderful churches. I always loved going home with friends and see the relationships they with their church families.
When I moved to Florence it took me sometime to find that church family that fit and felt like my "home" congregation. finally I found that in Sherrod Avenue. So many wonderful people are now such an important part of my life. They are supportive in so many ways. I have to admit though that my favorite part is working with those infants in cradle roll. I enjoy being one of the people who introduces the babies to their first church family.

No comments:

Post a Comment