Friday, November 5, 2010

Best Friends

Some believe you can only have one best friend at a time while others believe everyone is their best friend. In my lifetime I have had many people who have referred to as my best friend. Of course my teenage years sometimes my best friend changed each day.
What defines I best friend? Is it the person who is always there for you...not the fair weather kind? Is it a mother, sister or other family member? Would the people you consider a best friend define you the same way?
As I stated I have been blessed by many best friends. while now I may not consider these people a close friend at all, somewhere in my past they were. If I have taken any one relationship for granted it has most often been my best friend. I can't say I have had a lot of them, but I have lost most of them. In my relationships post I vowed that I would respect the privacy of others so I will not give historic details of our relationships but I want to recognize some of those who have truly had an impact on my life. Alisha, Danielle, Cheryl, Lindsey and Tracy my life would never have been the same without you.
To Alisha: We have had some great memories. My childhood memories have more of you in it than anyone else. Thankfully as we grew up our friendship stayed solid. Time and distance has gotten the best of us, but you will always have a special place in my heart as my first real best friend (no offense dink-dink but you were invisible) To Danielle: we always had fun that is for sure. We may have had problems with our other friends but somehow you and I never seemed to be at odds. My junior high and high school years would never have been the same without you. For so many years we shared our birthday parties and so much more. You may have been little but I always trusted you would have my back and honestly if I needed it today then you would have it again. To Cheryl: In a dictionary under friend they should put your picture. You and I faced some awkward years together. My best friend through those initial teenage years. You were also probably the friend I first took for granted. From you I learned what real friendship was. Time and distance did get the best of us, but thank God we have recently connected back with one another. the true test of a friend is how you can pick back up with them and never even realize time has passed. You would do anything for me and I still would for you. I am thankful you and I are beginning to recultivate our lost friendship. To Lindsey: The one who is actually probably reading this...where could I even begin and end. You have been one of the best friends I have ever had. We have had some of the greatest memories together. High school and definitely college would never have been the same without you. we have traveled many miles together. For three years I was blessed to spend almost all day everyday with you. We may not have always seen it as a blessing at the time. I became and adult with you. I know for a fact I would not be the person I am today without you. Time and distance have definitely changed our relationship, but ever if anyone would be there when I needed it, you would be that person. I definitely took for granted our friendship would never change, but life changed it which is honestly okay. I admire you in so many ways. I am thankful to God for you being such a wonderful part of my life. Who knows what our future holds, but you will always be my friend on Earth but most importantly one day we will be together in Heaven. To Tracy: If I took a friend for granted the most...it has been you. We are kind of an unlikely pair. We are definitely in two different places in our lives, but seriously does that really matter? Friendship knows no boundary. God blessed me with you in a time in my life when I thought life couldn't get any worse. We may be in different places in our lives but we are definitely a lot alike. We have shared so many wonderful memories together. Adult friendships are a lot more complicated than those from childhood because being an adult brings on a whole lot more responsibility. I pray we have a long future together. I can say without a doubt you are the friend I could never replace. I have said that about others, but if i were being honest it is not true. There is nothing I wouldn't do for you. Lately I have not said it enough but my life would not be the same with out you. I love, respect and admire you.
I hope everyone who reads this has been blessed to have best friends in their lives. TO each of these women I love you all. You are the puzzle pieces that make me who I am. Life is not worth living if you do not have a friend to share it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment