Monday, November 15, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I am not going to lie...I am not into this blogging this week. I mean when it is a chore I get bored with it. I should learn my lesson and not commit to something I make myself stick with. Today when I think of home sweet home I think I so want to be in my pj's watching television.
We know all the little expression about home (home is where the heart is etc.). If is often funny when we truly think of the word home what comes to mind. For the first twenty years of my life I had the same home. I grew there from walking, to riding a bike to yes even learning to drive (thank heavens that didn't last long). When I left for college to head to Tennessee I began to relate to the song "My Home is in Alabama"....so not a fan of Sweet Home Alabama). When "home" becomes a small 15x15 dorm room you really begin to appreciate having your own room. I will not lie though...I loved dorm life (most of the time).
While I was in college my parents moved to Florence, but for me in the beginning that was so not "home." I don't think it ever became home until I officially moved after finishing college. Now when I think of home I think of Florence. I have lived in two houses, but where I live now is truly home. No I have never actually owned my own house, but I think it would take some time for to even consider that to be home.
I LOVE being home. Maybe sometimes too much. I love to just throw on pj's, read and watch TV. Curling up with Stuart 9my dog people0 laying on the couch in a blanket is home to me. While I love this image...I know the home I most long for. Yes, I would love to eventually have my own family and home, but truly the home I desire to be most is Heaven. Think of the song "This World is not my Home" and I long to be there. Any song about Heaven makes me long for that eternal home. I love my life and being on this Earth, but I am content to think of Heaven and getting there.
I am blessed to have a safe warm home to go to each day because I know so many who have less. On this cold rainy night I hope you all thank God for your home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment