Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Health

Okay so if you have actually caught up then you realize I am a little behind...thank goodness for post options!!! So it is really Saturday instead of Tuesday, but I did think about what I was thankful for, but was too lazy to post. For everyone who knows me they know that Tuesday is Biggest Loser night. Ever since competing in our school version of it (taking second place)...I have been into watching the show.
While I am all about the competition of competing in the Biggest Loser I am truly blessed to know that I am actually in really good health. I however am obsessed at times with making sure I don't have risk factors for cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure and Alzheimer's Yeah I am also a pretty big Dr. Oz fan..I quote him way too much!!!!
I have been blessed with good health and I hope I continue on that path. I used to really worry about myself and others close to me regarding their health. I finally realized all I can do is be proactive with my own health and hope others close to me follow. Genetics can be something that can hurt us all, but more and more research has shown that you can even slow genetics down for so many cancers and especially Alzheimer's. It breaks my heart when those close to me do not actively take care of themselves, but then those who try so hard and still lose their lives. Whether we want to admit it or not in terms of our health we can often control our own destiny.
for the first time in my life I have at my heaviest weight and exercising less. I have had a year where stress and sadness have taken over. Yes, of course I did my 60 mile walk but I mean that is no marathon. I do hope to one day at least do a half marathon, but I first need to get my lifestyle back to where it once was. I even hope to blog more about exercises, running events and maybe even some good healthy recipes (of course some not so healthy).
It is such a shame that we can easily take steps to save our lives and we get stuck in a rut. I pray I never end up on the TV version of Biggest Loser, but wow what an impact it has had on so many people. this particular season is about paying it forward. I hope I can encourage many of you to think about your health. We are blessed with having a long healthy life, so let's not sabotage it ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment