Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Party Like It's 1999!!!

I can't mention college friends without acknowledging all the special friends I had growing up. Your childhood and high school friends are the ones who are there for all your rights of passage. I blogged about those close best friends, but I was fortunate to have quite a lot of friends growing up. Of course we had our usual girl squabbles but each day was different.
Small towns bring a whole new letter in the equation. everybody knows everything and always in your business. Now that I look back I was fortunate to grow up in a small town. You never worried about safety and you always had a big group to hang out with.
My high school years were a blast. We were always getting into trouble...good and bad. Friendships with boys turned into crushes and first loves. Of course there was also those whom you had crushes on but they never knew. Friendships came and went from August to May. My last year we did party like 1999. We had some wonderful memories that I hope I never forget. After graduation I couldn't wait to get out of there, but looking back those were some of the most fun times of my life.
My family moved from Hamilton so I don't get back much, but now I try to enjoy the time when I am there. I admit facebook has been great to get back in touch with people. We may never see each other or only run into one another from time to time, but I enjoy checking their status and looking at pictures. I am blessed to reconnect with so many people.
High school is the worst of times it is the best of times!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment