Sunday, November 21, 2010

Birthdays!!!

Today as we celebrated Eli's 2nd birthday I couldn't help but think how we should be thankful for a birthday we celebrate each year. Often we get so caught up in the number and the whole aging process we forget to thank God for yet another year of life.
I guess I have started to thin about this more and more the last few months since in five months I will be turning the big 3-0. Some days I think...how old, while others I say wow I can not believe I have made it this far in life. We all think about things we would do differently, but honestly would you trade what you have for something that might have been. Yes, I have made mistakes, yes I regret things and wonder how things could have been different. I also realize though that if things turned out a different way then I might not have certain people in my life or would have experienced certain things. a discussion about going back to being twenty. Almost everyone in the discussion agreed they would love to go back but have the wisdom they have gained over the years. A part of me would love to go back to that age wee life was a little easier, but I too would want to take the wisdom of the last decade. I missed out on opportunities because I didn't just go for it, but you know I have had some pretty special moments too!!
Eli celebrated two years...he still has a full life ahead of him. I too hope I still have a full life ahead of me. I also know the reality of seeing someone's birthday pass and you stop to realize they are no longer around. I often remember those birthdays better than the ones who are still here. We are not guaranteed the next birthday so we have to make the most of what we have with the time we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment