Monday, November 29, 2010

A Good Book

In a world where there are still people who can not read, I am thankful that I not only can read but I enjoy reading. Coming from someone who came very close to not having the ability to see to read...it is a blessing. I am a nerd because I have always loved to read from Dr. Seuss, Ramona, to my favorite English lit authors. I also really enjoy reading children's books. We all loved Harry Potter, well those who took the time to read it. I also from time to time get the opportunity to review children's books for a group. I love getting my hands on new books and getting the chance to review it.
These days I do not always get the chance to sit and read for hours, but I love a good raining day or being out of school in order to get the chance to spend the day reading. It is sad to think people can't read or children in other countries and truly ours as well do not even have their own books. It is such a simple thing, but sometimes we forget what a blessing it truly is.

No comments:

Post a Comment