Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Rest of the Family

I had every intention of separating some of these folks, but they go better together. Let me just say I can associate with "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", but my family is "My Big, Nosy Southern Family" I may poke a little fun at them, but let me say I would not trade them for any other group of people. I have been blessed by many wonderful aunts, uncles and cousins.
I am not really close to my dad's family in the sense we spend holidays together, but I still love them dearly and cherish the many memories we have. They are the ones who can be credited for my competitiveness. We do love our games. I do wish one day we will spend more time together before it is too late. For many of you I am thankful for facebook because at least we can hang out and catch up in some way. Also to the extended Mays family you all have different places in my memories. I have to at least run some credits on the family.
Clint, Annette, Jeff, Lisa, Terry and your spouses/children: I have many memories of you. terry and Lisa it is hard to believe my parents were your cool aunt and uncle.
Doyle, Jo, Lana, Kim, Jennifer, Melanie, Matt and your souses/children: I have some great memories of you all. I always loved coming down to Morris Alabama and visiting. Jo will always remember that I could say everything but vanilla (nillaba). You are a special group of people.
Ronnie, Egena, Mandy, Kerry, Paige, Kaycie your spouses/children: We are all the Sewell's left. Some of us may even end up carrying the family name on. we always had fun together. I am blessed to still keep those laughs up with some of you on facebook.


Now the Big Nosy Southern Family which is the Bailey/Byrd Bunch. You are some group.
To My great aunts, uncles and distant cousins: you all hold many memories in my life. You don't get to choose your family, but I couldn't ask for a better one. Tootsie you became the grandmother I lost. You and Hansel hold a special place in my heart. Ronnie and Rita you helped define our family version of National Lampoon's Family Vacations. There are so many of you to name, but know I do actually remember your names and your families.
Finally my aunts, uncles and cousins who are always there. My mother had four sisters and one brother. They are a close group. Even if their lives wouldn't have experienced such a tragedy in losing my grandmother and aunt Teena, I still think they would be as close as they are. You are definitely one nosy group of folks, but only because you care. They are all close so by extension sometimes they think that infiltrates into their nieces and nephews. IF they weren't nosy then I would think they didn't care. Seriously though, all sarcasm aside. My life would not be the same without these people. For better or worse they are my family. There is nothing I would not do for them. I have some of my greatest memories with them. After all as a child I was spoiled, being the first has its advantages. today I take them for granted and don't spend a lot of time with them. It is not because I don't love them, but simply an only chlld can only take so much of togetherness (remember I said I was my father's child). They love T but they know how he is...haha. T and KK probably get the vote for best aunt and uncle and they all know it.
In my life, no offense, that award will forever go to Teena. I have blogged about her before. She spoiled me rotten. Even when she didn't want me around I always had a way of turning up. She taught me lot some good and well learning about Days of Our Lives and "taking tans"..well you be the judge. I had the biggest vocabulary of any four year old because of her. When that little girl in sunglasses needed someone at her defense Teena was there. She was only in my life for five years, but I will never forget all of our memories. Some people retell me but others only the two of us could remember.
Conni, Constance Mary, Callie, Stuart and Luke: You are special people. Constance is the family member I can call a friend. We have had some wonderful memories. I cherish all the memories I have shared with you all.
Pam, Tim, Bailey and Hudson: You are special people too1 Pam and I used to have some fun times growing up when I would go visit. I kind of hated when she had her own children. Hudson and Bailey grew up and my house. Bailey you may not like being compared to me, but hey it has its advantages. By extension Mr. and Mrs Real fall in your category. I too have some wonderful memories with them that I am thankful for.
Toni, Todd, Brandon and Dustin: Toni you have the biggest heart of anyone I know. Brandon I will never forget when I was in second grade and you lived with us for the first few weeks of your life. I knew after that my parents better never have another baby. I enjoy the time I get to spend with you guys.
Elvis, Valerie, Will and Ella: Growing up you were a part of my Saturday and Sunday mornings. I have so many memories with you all. We still enjoy when you come up to visit and keep us up to date on the happenings of Hamilton. Ella I even love you.
I could never talk about all the memories I have with these people I know I will have thousands more as our families grow and get older. The Bailey's are one interesting group but we take care of each other. We are loud and embarrassing each other comes naturally. I am truly blessed to have you all in my life.

Okay so Ella is not included...but these were the simpler times that we liketo refer to as BE (before Ella)

No comments:

Post a Comment